It seems my neice has outgrown many of the shoes I made for her.
My sister loved the little Mary Janes the best, so I wanted to make a larger size. Unfortunately the pattern books I have only go up to 6 month size. So this week I sat with the original pattern and attempted to scale it up. I used the ratio of stitch increases from the smaller sized patterns and wrote out my own version. Today I finished knitting the first prototype, and I will hopefully visit my neice soon to try it on for size.
The proportion of shoe to sock looks to balance, so if this fits ok I will make a few pairs for her winter wardrobe…is getting very chilly in Melbourne!
Until next time happy crafting